This payment is for external delegates. Current Hartpury students should pay for their short courses through the ‘Additional courses for FE students’ section of the product catalogue, where the student discount is applied.
This is a two-day course which covers chainsaw maintenance and basic operations, leading towards certification via the awarding body, Lantra.
Please "read more" for further information.
- Safety clothing - HSE standards, various types
- Safety regulations
- Identification of safety features of chainsaw and legal requirements
- Safety awareness and chainsaw use
- Maintenance and working knowledge of power unit and cutting mechanism
- Safe starting procedures
- Safe use of chainsaw for cross cutting techniques
- Handling and stacking procedure
Other Agriculture and Countryside short courses
Students may use their own protective clothing and serviceable chainsaw as long as they comply with safety standards. The College can provide any equipment and protective clothing to those students who do not have their own.
Protective Clothing includes:
- Chainsaw boots
- Chainsaw gloves
- Chainsaw helmet with visor and ear muffs
- Chainsaw trousers (front protection is sufficient)
Chainsaw equipment includes:
- Serviceable chainsaw (recommended 15 inch guide bar)
- Chainsaw toolkit
- sharpening files and gauges to suit cutting chain
- appropriate spanners
- soft brush and cloth for cleaning dirt from chainsaw parts
- Chainsaw fuel mix and chainsaw oil for your chainsaw
Beverages will be provided throughout the day but you should bring your own packed lunch.